The season came to an end this weekend. I have learned so much this wrestling season and have really come to love the sport. Being down on the mats is an environment that is filled with passion, disappointment, tempers, and tear. The one on one competition is so intense. It has been so great for Steele to do a sport where it entirely depends on his will and ability to succeed. So many different scenarios are thrown at these kids and I can only hope this has helped build his character. I hope there will be many more years of wrestling to come. Every Saturday for 3 months we have seen the same 8 boys wrestling from different teams and have met some nice people. A few of these boys will move with Steele in weight and we look forward to seeing them next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment